Friday, December 12, 2008

On My Daughter’s Wedding

I’ve got busy activities in the past few days. I was not able to cope up with my regular posting schedule, not even a post which is full of quotations from unreferenced source. I was preoccupied by wedding preparations of my daughter, Myla, last December 6.

 

We completed all the necessary programs; the St. John Bosco church for the nuptial rites, the Manila Polo Club wedding reception hall, and the 5-star Intercontinental hotel where the bride is to wear her wedding gown. An executive guest room and an adjacent family suite were occupied to accommodate the video taping space, the make-up artists, and number of personnel assisting the bride and her entourages.

 

I was particularly concerned with the Father of the Bride Speech. I searched the internet for the appropriate words and guidelines in preparing my speech. I found so many speeches that somewhat compounded my difficulties for reasons of varied audience and situations. Later, I will post it here and how I delivered my speech which elicited so much praise and criticisms by jealous friends and somewhat offended audience.

 

Soon, I will be narrating this once-in-a-lifetime experience as Father of the Bride and make amend of my post shortcomings.

No comments: